Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Places outside of the US that I've visited

This is sort of an introductory post to many travel posts to come. I actually made this blogspot with the intention of keeping my travel photos here. Here we go, then ( in parentheses are how many times I've been ):

  • Niagara Falls & Toronto, Canada (3)
  • Bermuda
  • Bahamas
  • Dominican Republic
  • Mexico ( I don't remember which city )
  • Paris, France (2) ( truly as beautiful as it seems. it didn't get dark until 9 pm in August )
  • London, England (2)
  • Nice, France (2) ( mountains + sea = sold )
  • Cannes, France ( ...Mr. Bean )
  • Monte Carlo/ Monaco
  • Barcelona, Spain ( had my first real hot chocolate there )
  • Sicily ( had the most amazing pizza there )
  • Florence, Italy
  • Pompei, Italy ( so surreal )
  • Pisa, Italy
  • Messina, Italy
  • Vatican City, Italy ( it apparently has its own zip code )
  • Rome, Italy ( saw the coliseum... brilliant )
  • Venice, Italy (2) ( no words )
  • Milan, Italy ( duomo and shopping, lovely city )
  • Naples, Italy ( had the greatest pizza in the entire world )
  • Bari, Italy ( I have truly been all over Italy and I love it. I want to visit more beach-y places like Capri and Cinque Terre someday)
  • Copenhagen, Denmark ( such a dreamlike place )
  • Stockholm, Sweden
  • Kiel (briefly) and Hamburg, Germany
  • St. Petersburg, Russia ( I feel ashamed to say this is the only Russian city I've been in, and only for a day. I would love to go to Moscow someday as well )
  • Talinn, Estonia
  • Olympia, Greece
  • Santorini, Greece ( the color of the Aegean sea is enough to knock you out )
  • Mykonos, Greece ( with a viiiision of a gentle coast... )
  • Athens, Greece ( the view from Acropolis is unbelievable )
  • Corfu, Greece
  • Dubrovnik, Croatia ( clear clear clear water )
I didn't make commentary on all the places because some I have no words for. I love all the places I've been to. I am very grateful. Traveling is most certainly my passion, and it's a gift that I'm so well-traveled at such a young age, and I'm cognizant of that. I appreciate it all the time, and I am constantly punished by overwhelming nostalgia. I want to travel much much much more in the future. I even plan to study abroad at least once.

As for places that are at the top of my list of places I want to go to, there is definitely Cinque Terre, Moscow, the Almafi Coast, Australia, Amsterdam, Iceland, Hawaii, Berlin, Aurora Borealis, Turkey, Prague, etc.

Here's one sneak-peak photo:

From the bus right before we pulled into the beach at Paleokrastitsa in Corfu, Greece.

No comments:

Post a Comment